Sellers! The real estate market is about to get even hotter – decreasing interest rates have already brought several buyers back to the market. Have you contemplated selling over the last few years but it wasn’t the right time? 2024 is unquestionably your year.
With an influx of buyers into the market, showings have witnessed a substantial uptick even in the first week of January. Interest rates JUST started to come down, and a pool of eager buyers is waiting for a home like yours. Although there are several homes that are on the market, they are simply not “move in ready,” in the way that today’s buyers want them to be. Do you have a move-in ready home? Let’s work together to get it sold for you for top dollar this year!
At Loncar Realty, we are committed to providing you with best possible chance to sell your home at the highest price. Therefore, we go above and beyond to prepare your home for its grand entrance to the market. We won’t just snap photos and list it… we will work with you to help you get your home Show Ready within a concise timeframe. Here are some things we want to focus on as we give your home the best first impression to the buyers:
1. Curb Appeal: You only have 1 chance to make a first impression, and it begins the moment buyers approach your home. Ensure there is no clutter on the exterior, the bulbs are functional on the exterior lights, and even winter’s dust and dirt is meticulously cleaned. Trim your bushes back from the walkway to enhance the beauty of your actual home. Buyers want to SEE your beautiful home! Hire a landscaper to freshen up the flowers and bushes for a vibrant spring look, allowing buyers to envision the charm of their potential new home.
2. Spring Cleaning: Clean, clean and declutter! Hire a professional cleaning crew to do a deep clean – which will include baseboards, windows, and all the hard to get to corners that are often overlooked during routine cleaning. You want your home sparkly clean, and when buyers walk in, they don’t want to see dust bunnies that are collecting on the baseboards. Decluttering is equally crucial. Every shelf and countertop should exude freshness and elegance. We can provide guidance on what to keep visible and what to stow away to create a space that feels inviting without overwhelming the buyers.
3. Touch Ups: Address any knicks and scratches, ensuring your home appears well maintained. Minimizing visible imperfections during showings allows buyers to focus on the potential of the space rather than potential repairs. Presenting your home as cared-for enhances buyer confidence.
4. Repairs: Is anything broken or on its last leg? There are several bigger ticket items like roof, windows, and mechanicals that could dissuade potential buyers. Most people don’t know how much those repairs cost, so if it’s something that you can afford and can market as “new furnace,” it instills confidence that additional expenses won't be immediately necessary post-purchase. Reflecting these improvements in the asking price communicates the renewed value of the home.
5. Staging: While your cherished sectional may hold sentimental value, we'll assess whether it is the best choice for showcasing your home. Modern replacements may be recommended to create a neutral environment that allows buyers to envision themselves in the space. Our aim is to offer a home that feels both neutral and stylish, providing buyers with a canvas for their imagination and furniture.
6. Loncar Realty’s Magic Marketing Plan: At Loncar Realty, we pride ourselves on our top notch marketing. From engaging the best photographer in the industry, to implementing social media and video marketing strategies, we leave no stone unturned to ensure your home receives the highest exposure on the market. We work tirelessly to get your home in front of as many eyes, and negotiate to get you the best price for your home.
Thinking of selling? Curious to know your home’s value? Fill out our form to find out more. We look forward to getting your home Loncar Listed.